Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Dinner For 1...

Living by yourself and cooking for one can be really tricky because there are a lot of annoying factors that go along with it.  The single serving meals or small portion meals like frozen dinners, or mac -n- cheese or sandwiches are only good for so long before you are burnt out.  Then if you want to make a meal, by the time you get all the ingridients, you might as well have just went out to eat for the money you just spent OR it's a portion for 8 people!  You can only eat the meal so many days in a row before you are over it and throw it out.  And finally, it is SO easy to get in the habit of grabbing food because its convienent and quick.  By the time I work all day, go to the gym and/or run errands, I am super hungry and don't feel like making anything so I just grab dinner to go and that is unhealthy (depending what you are getting) and adds up quick $$$$.  So lately, I have been making a meal on Sunday nights that is a small serving size then I can have leftovers for lunch or dinner for the next couple days.  This dish I made (of course I found on Pinterest) was inexpensive, HEALTHY, and quick.  And I didn't have leftovers forever. 

4 Chicken Breasts ( I made this again, but only did 3 because by the 4th one, I was kind of over it!)
1 can of green beans
New Potatoes (all I could find was the small bag of them, so I used about 1/3 of it)
Carrots
Italian Dressing Seasoning (found in the dressing aisle)

Throw all the ingridients in a baking dish with Pam, bake at 350 covered with foil for 1 hour. 

**The second time I made it, I added some sweet yellow onion and zuchini and topped with a little bit of parmesean cheese as well as the seasoning and it was even better! 

This would even be good for a date night dinner or for a family.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment